Information about the collection and processing of personal data
In the following we inform about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data are all data that are personally identifiable to you, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior.
The person responsible pursuant to Art. 4 (7) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) are Eray Aydin, Lisa Eiserloh, Georg Schott und Robin Metz, Schäfergasse 29, 60313 Frankfurt (see Imprint). You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post with the addition “data protection”.
When contacting us by e-mail or via a contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address, if applicable your name and your telephone number) will be stored in order to answer your questions. The data collected in this context will be deleted as soon as storage is no longer necessary. Furthermore, we restrict the use of the data if legal regulations require the retention of data
In the event that we make use of third-party service providers for individual functions of our offer or in case we wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you below in detail about the respective processes. In this context, we also specify the defined criteria for the duration of storage.
- With regard to your personal data, you have the following rights:
– Right to information
– Right to rectification or erasure
– Right to restriction of processing
– Right to object
– Right to data portability
- In addition, you have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about our processing of your personal data.
- Digital Recap takes appropriate safety measures to protect your data from manipulation, loss, damage, corruption and against access by unauthorized persons. However, communication by e-mail involves risks that cannot be completely ruled out. Therefore, for confidential information, we recommend you to use the postal service.
Collection of personal data when visiting our website
When visiting our website, we record personal data that your browser transmits to our server (so-called log files). These log files, which are stored on our server, are necessary both in technical terms so that you can access our website as well as for our legitimate interest in displaying our websites to you and ensuring their stability and security. The legal basis for this processing is Article 6(1)(b) and (f) GDPR. The log files that we process involve, in particular, the following data:
– Your IP address
– The date and time of your query
– The content of your request (which specific sub-websites you are visiting)
– The website that you came from to reach our website
– The access status/HTTP status code
– The amount of data transferred in each case
– Your browser
– Your operating system and its interface
– The language and version of your browser software
Moreover, cookies will be stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files which are stored on your hard disk in a way referring to the browser you are using and which provide certain information to the party placing the cookie (in this case: to us). Cookies cannot execute programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They are used to make the internet more user friendly and more efficient as a whole.
– Transient cookies (temporary use, cf. a)
– Persistent cookies (time-limited use, cf. b))
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. They in particular include session cookies which store a so-called session ID that can be used to assign different requests from your browser to the same session. This enables your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log off or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a defined time which may be different depending on the cookie. You can at any time delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser.
d) You can configure your browser settings as desired and for example reject acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. However, we point out that if you do this you may not be able to use all the functions of our website.
e) The Flash cookies used are not registered by your browser but by your Flash plugin which stores the necessary data irrespective of the browser you are using, and they do not have an automatic expiry date. If you do not wish Flash cookies to be processed, you need to install an appropriate add-on, e.g. “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or Adobe Flash Killer Cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by using private mode in your browser. We also recommend to delete your cookies and browser history manually on a regular basis.
- This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
- You can refuse the use of Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie will be set on the computer, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website Click here for the opt-out.
Use of Google Web Fonts
Use of Youtube
This Website contains integrated components from YouTube. YouTube is an internet video portal that allows video publishers to freely watch video clips and other users for free viewing, rating and commenting. YouTube allows the publication of all types of videos, so that both complete film and television broadcasts, but also music videos, trailers or user-made videos can be accessed via the Internet portal.
YouTube’s operating company is YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. YouTube, LLC is a subsidiary of Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043-1351, USA.
Each time a integrated video on this site is played by the user, the internet browser on the information technology system of the person concerned will be automatically redirected YouTube component causes YouTube to download a representation of the corresponding YouTube component. More information about YouTube can be found at https://www.youtube.com/yt/about/en/. As part of this technical process, YouTube and Google will be aware of what specific bottom of our site the person is visiting.
If the user is logged in to YouTube at the same time, YouTube recognizes by calling a subpage that contains a YouTube video, which specific bottom of our website the affected person visits. This information will be collected by YouTube and Google and associated with the affected person’s YouTube account.
Subscribe to our newsletter
On this website, users are given the opportunity to subscribe to our company’s newsletter. Which personal data is transmitted when ordering the newsletter is determined by the input mask used for this purpose.
Digital Recap informs subscribers about the latest articles and offers. The newsletter can only be received by the person concerned if (1) the person concerned has a valid e-mail address and (2) the person concerned registers for sending the newsletter. For legal reasons, a confirmation e-mail in the double opt-in procedure is sent to the e-mail address entered by the person concerned for the first time for sending the newsletter. This confirmation e-mail serves to check whether the owner of the e-mail address has authorized the subscription of the newsletter as the person concerned.
When registering for the newsletter, the IP address of the computer system used by the user at the time of registration and the date and time of registration are also stored. The collection of this data is necessary in order to trace the (possible) misuse of a data subject’s e-mail address at a later point in time and therefore serves the legal protection of the data controller.
The personal data collected when registering for the newsletter will only be used to send our newsletter. Furthermore, subscribers to the newsletter may be informed by e-mail if this is necessary for the operation of the newsletter service or for registration, which may be necessary in the event of changes to the newsletter offer or changes in the technical conditions. The personal data collected in the context of the newsletter service will not be passed on to third parties. The subscription to our newsletter can be cancelled by the person concerned at any time. The consent to the storage of personal data, which the person concerned has given us for the newsletter dispatch, can be revoked at any time. To revoke your consent, you will find a corresponding link in every newsletter. It is also possible to unsubscribe directly from the newsletter at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
The Digital Recap newsletters contain so-called tracking pixels. A tracking pixel is a miniature graphic embedded in e-mails sent in HTML format to enable log file recording and analysis. This allows a statistical evaluation of the success or failure of online marketing campaigns to be carried out. On the basis of the embedded pixel-code it can be recognized whether and when an e-mail was opened and which links in the e-mail were used.
Personal data collected via the tracking pixels contained in the newsletters will only be used to evaluate and optimise the newsletter dispatch and content. This personal data will not be passed on to third parties. Persons concerned are permitted at any time to revoke the respective separate declaration of consent given via the double opt-in procedure. After revocation, this personal data will be deleted by the data controller. If you unsubscribe from receiving the newsletter, Digital Recap automatically interprets this as a revocation.
Other Functions and Services of our Website
- Apart from the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services which you can use if interested. For this, you must generally give further personal data which we use for the performance of the respective service. Where additional data can be given voluntarily, this is signalized as such.
- In some cases we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are regularly checked. If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
- If we are offering promotions, contracts or similar services together with partners, we may also share your personal data with third parties. You receive more information on this when entering your data.
- If our service providers or partners are located in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the effects within the respective offer.
This site uses SSL encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential content, such as requests you send to us. An encrypted connection can be recognized by the fact that the address line of the browser changes from “http://” to “https://” and the lock symbol in your browser line.
If SSL encryption is activated, the data you transmit to us cannot be read by third parties.
Links to other Websites
Our service includes links to other providers. We have no control over whether these providers comply with data-protection regulations.
Objection or revocation against the processing of your data
- If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke them at any time. Such revocation will affect the admissibility of the processing of your personal data after you have given it to us.
- Insofar as we base the processing of your personal data on the balance of interests, you may object to the processing. This is the case if, in particular, the processing is not required to fulfill a contract with you, which we describe in each case in the following description of the functions. In the event of such a disagreement, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the case of your justified objection, we will examine the situation and will either discontinue or adapt the data processing or point out to you our compelling legitimate reasons on which we continue the processing.
- Of course, you may object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. About your advertising contradiction, you can inform us under firstname.lastname@example.org or under the contact information mentioned in the imprint.
Contacting Digital Recap
You are welcome to contact us if you have any questions, requests or comments regarding data protection by Digital Recap or the storage, use or transfer of your personal data (e.g. to view or update this data or the content of your consent to the use and transfer of this data). Your details from the e-mail, including the contact data you have provided there, will be stored for the purpose of processing the enquiry and in the event of any follow-up questions. We will not pass this data on to third parties without your consent. You can contact us at: email@example.com